Quotes to inspire
Craig has compiled a list of quotes to inspire:
- The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.
- It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
- No man is free who is not master of himself.
Epictetus (Greek philospher, c. 100 C.E.)
- Hell is the knowledge of opportunity lost; the place where the man I am comes face to face with the man I might have been.
- We mustn't let our passions destroy our dreams.
- It is easier to suppress the first desire than to satisfy all that follow.
- There is no pleasure in life equal to that of the conquest of a vicious habit.
- He who conquers himself has won a greater victory than he who conquers a city.
- If you would live your life with ease; do what you ought, not what you please.
- The mind is a lousy master but a wonderful servant.
- There are many who's tongues might govern multitudes, if they could govern their tongues.
- Let him that would move the world first move himself.
- Challenge - " Don't follow where the path may lead. Instead make your own way and leave a path"
- Attitude - " Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"
- Leadership - " Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can fly"
- Determination - " Determination today equals success tomorrow "